This backpack is roomy enough for what is needed on a day in town, a day trip, a short hike or a walk, and helps keep the load to minimal weight. I tested it in all these conditions and what happens is this bag is so comfy that you forget you are wearing it. This is a medium-sized backpack - if you are looking for a large backpack this is not it.
It is designed to be low profile and inconspicuous. This way, nobody will suspect that I’m carrying the latest iPad Pro and iPhone. Do you like attracting the wrong kind of attention?
I purposely did not want this backpack to look like a tech bag.
Maximum usable internal dimensions: 11” tall x 9.8” wide x 2” deep (28 cm tall x 25 cm wide x 5 cm deep). The internal dimensions stated here allow for the space needed to cinch the bag closed at the top. If you do not cinch your bag at the top then more of the bag width and height will become usable.
These internal dimensions will allow you to measure whatever you are considering putting in this backpack and determine if it will fit.
So, here’s a list of things that fit:
- A water bottle or baby bottle of maximum 2.7” (7 cm) diameter (in the external water bottle holder). Please do not put a wallet or cellphone in this open pocket.
- A tablet inside a protective case. Always carry your electronics inside a protective case in this backpack. Maximum 13.5” (34 cm) total diagonal dimension including the protective case:
- Flexible A4 files will fit horizontally inside the bag because they will be able to slightly flex at each end. Stiff A4 files will fit in this bag only if you do not cinch the top of the bag.
- Letter size documents and books fit vertically whether they are flexible or stiff and you will be able to cinch the bag at the top:
- A large smartphone + earbuds in the side zipper pocket:
- A small pouch with your cables or toiletries and whatnot
- Your wallet (preferably zipped up in the front pocket or in the main compartment)
- Your passport (preferably in the zipper pocket inside the main compartment, with your Apple Airtag GPS tracker)
- A small notebook
- A case for your glasses
- A thin sweater or rain poncho
- A sandwich
- A small camera
- Your house and car keys tied to the external key hooks
And an apple!
I hope this gives you a good idea of what fits.
Notice how I set the tablet on the front side of the backpack instead of against my back. I put the soft stuff on the side of the main compartment that’s against my back. The backpack will feel comfortable if the load is well arranged and if the main compartment is not maxed out.
With all this in the backpack, rest assured that the magnets will not open under the load, like they do on many other backpacks. They will stay closed at all times even if the backpack is full. This has been tested with loads of up to 17 pounds/8 kg.
Remember that if the backpack is overfilled it will become difficult to use the outside zipper pockets. Just like all backpacks...
The wallet best goes in the front pocket under the flap,
or tied to the hook inside the main compartment if it comes with a D-ring.
THE BACK POCKET WITH THE KEY ORGANIZER IS EFFICIENT ONLY IF YOU WEAR YOUR BACKPACK WELL ADJUSTED. IF YOU WEAR YOUR BACKPACK TOO LOOSE ON YOUR BACK THEN ANYBODY CAN SLIP A HAND INSIDE THIS POCKET AND TAKE YOUR STUFF WITHOUT YOU KNOWING.
You can also use a small compression cube in order to pack a change of clothes for overnight:
Click here to see a video of how I pack my backpack for the weekend using this blue compression cube (I got the small compression cube on Amazon).
Please make sure to not put anything of value in the water bottle carrier as it is an open pocket with no closure. No cellphones or wallets should be placed in this pocket.
This bag is not padded but it will work well if you carry your tablet inside a protective case.
This size of backpack does not require a sternum or waist strap.
If you are going to carry more stuff than this I would recommend you switch to a larger backpack with padded shoulder straps and sternum/waist strap.
Thanks for reading this post.
MORE BLOG POSTS:
WHAT CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING: